Quote From Illustration for biblical preaching "Prayer, Answer to,"

I asked for strength that I might achieve; He made me weak that I might obey. I asked for health that I might do great things; He gave me grace that I might do better things. I asked for riches that I might be happy; He gave me poverty that I might be wise. I asked for power that I might  have the praise of men; He gave me weakness that I might feel a need of God. I asked for all things that  might enjoy life; He gave me life  that I might enjoy all things. I received nothing I had asked for;He gave me all that I had hoped for

Comments

  1. What a great quote, it reminds me of 2 Corinthians 12 where Paul prayed that God would take away his "thorn in the flesh". God's answer to his prayer was, "my grace is sufficient for thee". The response of Paul is such an example to us, he then declared he would "glory" in his thorn! God bless you Daniel as you continue to grow and serve Him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts