Uprooting bitterness

Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

This past Sunday I was blessed to be able to preach and teach Sunday school and one of my lesson's was on  uprooting bitterness, and how that bitterness can take a hold of your lives and  it can destroy you and it can and that we must not hold bitterness because of our pride. When we think that we have the right to say someone did us wrong. Yet we wrong God, God who saved us when we were lost and we were sinners and when we turned our back from him. God died for me he died for you and he saved us. He made us right. A man at the church heard me preach this and he came to me and said that he needed to heard this today, he was holding on to bitterness for so long. But he knew that he had no right to hold on to it. And neither do I, or anyone. How can we who wronged God and were saved and forgiven get offended when we believe we have been wrong. We must remember that the Lord forgave you and you should do the same.

Comments

Popular Posts