Praise in the Darkness

 Psalm 43:5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul?

And why art thou disquieted within me?
Hope in God:
For I shall yet praise him, Who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

During times of darkness, it is easier to believe that God is not there.  It is far simpler to believe that the Lord had turned from you.  That your prayers have not reached him.  But the Psalmist shows his faith and show his love for God. He comes to God with questions out of his hurt. but by the ended he remembers who God is and how that Lord has kept him. 
It is within Our relationship with the Lord to come to him hurt and with every question on our hearts. But in doing so it is also in us to remember the goodness of God and where our hope lies. In times of hurt and pain. Turn to God with all pain and wonder. Bare it to him. bring your questions, but remember the hope and joy that comes from him and praise him as you seek his answers. 

Comments

Popular Posts