Rom 12:20 &21- Serving the enemy

"Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink:for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good."

As a cook you learn to put up with a lot of people, there are some you like and it's awesome to have them come in and see how they are doing.Then there are some who, well, they make you want to hit them in the head. I had a customer who at one point wanted to beat me up over silliness, I have coworkers who(I find it funny now) on more than one occasion speak ill of me. Enemies every time I walk into the building. Now what should I do? I could just look at them angry and turn my back to them. I could kick them out and act smug. Or will I do my job and feed that person, if they need a refill on a drink, I'll refill it. It is my job and doing it miserably and causing others misery will do me nothing.

Now that is towards costumers at my job. my earthy position. Now in my Christians life I will have enemies far worse than a customer who doesn't like the way I cook bacon or put too much cheese in eggs. My enemies will try to push me, cause me to backslide, distract my purpose of spreading the gospel to the world. but you know what Our God told me to do, If they were hungry I'll give them food to eat. If they are thirsty and need a drink in the middle arguing faith with you then I will give them drink. In that act of kindness, I will do more damage than they who claim be mine enemy.

For the verse says it all, "be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good."  Do  not try to out do evil, it will not end well, therefore do the smart thing, the biblical thing, do good and you shall defeat the evil.

Comments

Popular Posts