Birthday Devotions From Colossians 1-3

Col. 1-3

The first three chapters of Colossians are a good mental refresher about my role in how my life should be.
I am a changed man so I need to put away the old habits of my old self and live like my new life. I need to love like my new self and not carry weight like I used to. Spiritual and emotional weight. 
I need to change and look towards who I will be in God and not who I was in sin. 

I am 28years old today, on any other year I would 've made a big deal about my birthday, I would count how many happy birthdays I received that day, how many people would tell me to have a great day. I was a pretty petty and selfish child and as a young man, it was the same way. Not I look forward to a different birthday now. April 1, 2015, because that was the day I was saved. That was the day I was born as a child of God. then the following year I had a new day to remember April 2, 2016, the day I was married.  Then to top it off last year on May 18, 2018, God gave me another great day to remember. the day of my daughter's birth. 

The Lord has given me three great gifts in my life. A new life, A wife, and a child. I am forever grateful for the Lord and all he has ever done for me. God Bless you all and have a great day. 

Comments

Popular Posts