Explaining to the family..I am going to be a missionary.

This past weekend I explain to my family what exactly I have been doing the last two years and what my plans are for the future. For a while now there was a bit of confusion about what I was doing and if I was serious or not. If I was just doing schooling or just living up in north Ga going to a church.

That really struck a cord with me, because while they have been thinking that I have just been living up here. I have been  training in Pastoral ministry. I was originally training to serve in churches here in american with the belief that God would use to serve here. That was honestly my thought that I was going to be doing that. I would take the skills I learn and use them here.

That was until I went with our Pastor and our team to Peru. Man what a change inn my heart that was. I saw how God changed thousands upon thousands of people in south america. I saw God's army at work down in south america. I saw our bus driver befriend us and before we left made the decision to attend one of our missionaries churches. Young men serving the lord with no fear and praying for the Students of his college. I walked on the street passing out tracks and the people of the city took it and read them and were interested in learning about God and what he was doing. It was amazing.

I saw a hunger for the Gospel and I was moved. The my pastor said the words " the work is not done."

And he was right. The work was not, is , not, and right now until Jesus come the work will never be done.
"But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman’s hand."
Eze 33:6

I could not comfortably serve God in american knowing that the blood of the people in south america who did not know God was on my hands and they need to hear the Gospel.

 "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!"
Ro 10:14–15

I told this to my family I explain that I will be going to the field and serving as a intern. Once my internship is up I will be on the road and presenting my ministry. Then after that I will be on the field serving out Lord

My grandmother said the thing that I did not believe. "The Lord has called you to do then God bless you son. You know what he wants you to do."
This woman went from "Not my grand-baby, the son I wanted." To "You know what the Lord has called you to do."

I thank God for giving me such a understanding family and a bible loving family. Now it time to prepare and prove my weapons for the field. please pray for me and my wife as I raise support for my internship. God bless you and thank you for reading my rant.

Comments

Popular Posts