Who am I against God ? Acts 11:15-18

15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning. 16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost. 17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? 18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

As Peter retells the act of watching these gentiles receive salvation by way of the Holy Spirit. one part sticks out to me. As the disciples are questioning Peter as to how he could have done such a thing. Peter makes it clear that it was not by personal preference that these gentiles get saved, but by the will of the Holy Spirit of God himself. He retells the vision he had in prayer as an angel tells him not to call what God calls clean unclean. And then he said it best in verse 17, "What was I, that I could withstand God?" To put it plainly, If wanted them to be baptized with the Holy Spirit who am I, being a lonely servant of God, who am I to stand in the way of the will of God. That is a thought that moves me. For if I want to be used by God I must remember who I am, and Remember who God is. Then ask myself, who am I to try and stand in the way of the living God working in other people's lives.

Comments

  1. Very good thought. God moves in ways that sometimes we don't understand. We need to just trust him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts