Happy Birthday Dad..What I learned from you.

Today Is my Fathers Birthday.
He would be 50 years old today. He was a college graduate. He loved his kids and when I was a kids I would sometimes want to make him so happy he was the only one I wanted to be around. I have a favorite memory of him. It's dark and my Father was coming to my Grandmothers house to see us. He was a produce deliver driver back then, now I don't know if this was legal or not but he would let my sister and I have some fruit when he would stop by. I love my Father, but he was not always there for me. Thinking about his death would at times give me a chip on my shoulder. As I've gotten old it has been more of a motivation. I was able to learn a little from my Father. The loved he showed us is the kind I would like to show my own children one day.
My mother wrote me something the other day. It said that even though my earthly Father was not around my heavenly Father was. I believe that whole heartedly. God will always be there.
I don't know if my father was saved or not. I pray that he was. But the motivation was that I knew what a Father could be and should be and what he shouldn't be. Those are lesson I take into my ministry life as I try and disciple young men and the same will be for the men on the mission field.
I will need to show them our heavenly fathers love in an earthly way.

Comments

Popular Posts