Book Review: Ordering your Private World

Ordering your private world
Ordering your private world by George McDonald gives the reading the tools to break down the disorder in their daily lives in order to bring themselves to point productivity and improvement in spiritual growth. It is to work on my “Be” level and make myself more focused and more disciplined.
So one of the focuses of this book is realizing where you are most effective in your life. Where is it that you excel? The author mentioned how he is better at preaching and teaching but terrible and administration positions. So he decided that to better his private world he would need to not surrender so much time to a section of his life where he is flawed and focus on where he excels. For me, I realize that in a negative instead of acknowledging where I lack and changing it in a form of marital teamwork: I have avoided it until it blows up when I should have addressed it and handled it in the first place. 
For me, this book explained that if it was not a sexual sin that would’ve ruined my marriage. It would’ve been something else. I have been a last-minute lazy person for a long time and writing this I am seeing in my head now what that looked like being married and being a father. I have dragged my heels and it has made my wife lose her smile. My “Be Level” is immature and disorganized. So what I can take away is that I need to grow up and make a real effort. And not give me an excuse to slack off.  

CONCLUSION

My Conclusion is that I am a mental slob. What I mean by that is I have moments where I can be clear and focused and have my whole day planned to the minute. Wake up, read my bible, write a prayer. Read and lesson plan, write a devotion. Go to work. Go to lunch, etc. you get the point I am making. Where I am a slob is the follow-through. 
I can be uniform for maybe one day or two days or even a week. Although I have never seen it and I am sure you all being my teachers have not seen it either. The one thing this book has taught me is that my priorities are downright all over the place. Case in point the timeline to write this report. I should have had this done weeks ago. Instead, I slacked, what I need is a change in my priorities. I know what should be my major focus, my flaw is a continue to stay disorganized so that it no longer is a priority. That needs to stop. 




Works Cited
Ordering Your Private World by George McDonald 

Narrated By Sam Bogart

Comments

Popular Posts