My Talents and Desires. How can they Serve God.

I was asked a few weeks ago if  I felt satisfied in my life.  This was a hard question to answer. Namely, because I spend a good bit of my life running from my life. I would hide n my phone or in a Netflix show. Just about anything that could cause me to run from my truth that I was miserable. I would write it off as I have done everything I set out for myself. I published a book about six years back. It was the highlight of my adult life. I even autograph one or two. all my friends bought copies to see what I had written. and to congratulate me.  I had merchandise and everything. My boss at the time wanted to set up a book signing in the restaurant for me once I gain so popularity. But It never came. The book was not proofread and so it had errors in it. Which is ok in certain books, I was writing poetry so regular, essay-style grammatic set-ups, were not exactly what I was going for. But I felt accomplished. When I got saved I gave writing up. You see the occasional blog post or longwinded devotion pop up but you never really see me put in work writing anything. Unless I get to preach an or teach, then you see a week's worth of long nights of studying in God's word, complied down into 30 minutes' worth of information and motivation. But never anything else.

 I just finished to book of Exodus and from chapter 30 till the end of the book, you read or hear Moses go into detail about how the tabernacle as built. how the priest garments would be designed and how they would be built. And the one thing that stuck out to me reading this section of the book this, the men wise at heart. These men had been given talents had been given the wisdom to create works of art and talents in building and carving and sculpting. They were given these gifts to serve the Lord. So I thought to myself, why do I not fill satisfied with what I have in life and what I have done in life.  It was because I was all done for me and for others and not for what matters in my life. I wrote poetry and published a book of poetry filled with poems of lust, self -loathing, pop culture inspiration and pick-up lines to get the girl. But I did not write with a purpose. I love to sing, but I feel awkward because I do it for myself.

God gave me the talents and skills to serve him. I was told that if   I wrote one book and check that off my list then I should write another one. I read about the wise men and their use of their skills to serve God and I am sent a friend request but a Christian best selling poetry writer. To top it off I have been questioned about when the next book will be coming out. I think I have me next hill to climb. It is to write again, only now to write for the Lord.

Comments

Popular Posts