Father's keep their word


 (for the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Deuteronomy 4:31 KJV












This verse came in one of my 7-Day devotionals I was listening to. I'll post a full devotional on it on my blog so that other people can read it too. But I figured some of the fathers I know personally in my email account would get this a little bit more personal. And yes I just realized I sent it personally twice in the same sentence.

So this devotional for today was talking about keeping your promise and it was talking about how a father promised his son he would play catch with him while he was working from home that day but had also promised his boss that he would get a paper is done and by the end of the week and he finished the paper by 10 that night so he kept his promise to his boss and do his job and he took a lot of pride in that in the back and kept his word and he was a man who took great ownership in his work ethic. But as he noticed later on his son never got a chance to play catch with him throughout the whole day even though he promised to. 

At the end of the devotional, it said that he woke his son up at 10 that night and they played baseball for 20 minutes just throwing the ball back and forth apologize and his son forgave him a very heartfelt thing. 
But, that brings us to the Spurs and it says God never breaks his promises it says it plainly In this passage that God keeps his word and keeps his Covenant. 
 
This should be a heartfelt reminder for us that the God we serve is the god that saved us whenever we got saved our heavenly father never breaks his promises with us.
 
As fathers and husbands, we declare that we have a strong work ethic and I've always taken pride in saying that I'm a man of my word and if I say I'm going to get something done. I could take even more pride and more focus on the fact that my heavenly father kept his word to me and I'm a father I need to keep my word and always keep it with my family Above All Else outside of God my family should come first no that Echoes true with all the men who hear this.

Comments

Popular Posts