How will you seek HIM?


 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 12Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 13And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. 14And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive."

Jeremiah 29:11-14 KJV


This was written to the nation of Israel during the time of Jeremiah. In the book of Jeremiah, we see the prophet with a message that broke him down to his core. It shook him, rattled him, buckled him. whatever illustration you need to put to wrap your mind around it so you can understand the pain he was in. He saw his people turning from God and was receiving the message from God that the nation would be lost and the people would be scattered to the winds. now I don't know much but I know this much. The loss of something breaks something in you. The security you had is something, just to see it go away, it breaks you. If anyone knows about loss and writing about the pain of it, that would be Jeremiah. Also known for writing the book of Lamentations (songs of loss and pain) yeah Jeremiah knew about loss. 

But what stuck out to me about these verses today was something I had glossed over when I was not in pain. But I cling to it when my heart is heavy. 

 "Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you"

God makes it clear, he is here and he is waiting for you to come to him. He hasn't left you. He won't leave you. but he says it in the next verse seeking him with all your heart. Anyone who is reading the words I put down on this post I have to ask you, How are you seeking him?

If you wake up and you see this post, how are you seeking him? God spoke to the nation and said if you seek him with everything you got I will pull you back from all over and have you come unto me. 

He tells the believer a similar statement "seek and ye shall find." He is closer than an earshot away. He is standing right next to me. just waiting for me to look in his direction and say "Father I need you." Have you put down the phone long enough to pray to him. I know that will sound Ironic since I stay on my phone regularly. Let these verses come to you from a new perspective. God told the nation these things while they prospered, while they were enslaved, and when he freed them.  God is calling out to you while you are enslaved in sin, while you are prospering in whatever you do and he is calling out for you as he is freeing you from sin. 

So how will you seek him today?

Comments

Popular Posts