1 John 1:8-9

1 John 1:8-9

 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 
 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

I live with a pagan, a true blue, will stick his chest out to prove he's the smartest person int he room, better than you because of his faith and his awesomeness pagan. One morning we were sitting in my room discussing our beliefs with one another and decides to tell me a story about how just before he was divorced he has told his wife that if she needed to get right with God then she can go to church and go right ahead, he doesn't need to because he was in the right and his religion can justify himself. so I asked him what kind of pagan was he and he replied by saying, "I am a witch, my faith does not believe in sin or going to hell, in my faith there is no hell, unless you mean the prison  chamber in Norse mythology which is called "hell but I do believe in karma and that i'll be rewarded for good deeds and how I treat people. ". 
This man is 39 years old, has been a "witch" since he was 18, does not ignore God, he calls his name every time he cusses or whenever he want's to blaspheme. He lives in my basement and has a son he hardly ever see's. I don't bring him up in this to be hurtful or to judge him, I just look at him and I see the majority of the world.The world is so full of people who believe they can just go through life and ignore God, mock God and try to disprove God with their message of no sins or my favorite phrase, "the seven deadly sin are not that important, they do come from the bible they came from dante's inferno and the catholic church." You can bash and shrug off God and sin all you want but at the end of the day sin is sin there are none greater than the other. they all lead you to one place and that is hell. 
For every smart person's talk about how intelligent they think they are by scoffing at sin and ignoring it, how smart are you really. You are merely being pridefully ignorant. Funny how "ignore"  and "ignorant" are spelled the same. The bible says when we ignore sin we are lying to ourselves and it's true we will never know the truth until we can humble ourselves and and accept the fact that yes we are sin, we have sinned and there is only one thing to do. We need to get saved, thank the Lord almighty that he made himself flesh on the for of his son Jesus Christ and cleansed us by spilling his blood and bearing all our sins on the cross. Then and only then can you receive the wondrous gifts and blessing that await you in his house.
Father God I know a lot of your creatures are loss and are proud, we all are, that is our burden, but by your mercy you give us a chance everyday to come kneed down and body bent and thank you and welcome you in our hearts and come home to you. I pray that more people do that every day and join us in your family. In all this I do pray

Amen      

Comments

Popular Posts