Numbers 11:20

This devotion actually came to me a few days ago and again last night when i reread this verse. It is true that in the book of numbers it is talking about the different counts and numbers with in the people of Israel, but what it also speaks on is the multiple times the people lost faith in God and his chosen workers.

In the verse before this one, the people grew tired of their struggle in the wilderness, they were not appreciative of the gift of manna that they were given and began, as God put it, Lust after flesh, this flesh being fish but we all can understand the meaning in these words. Well God anger towards them began to kindle, and rightfully so, here are his chosen people turning their back on him at every turn when things got hard. Man doesn't that sound like alot of us.  Yet even with all of that God still gave them what they wanted,  but not just enough to last them a short while, no the verse say "until it come out at your nostrils and it be loathsome unto you:" God will give you what you think you want, but he will also show you that it is not what you need. And in the end they were still punish for they had sin against God and lust after the flesh.. 

Father God I thank you for always providing for me all that I need in this world, I know I greed and lust for more, for I am human and it is in the nature of our flesh to do so. But I do thank you for giving us the ability through your grace and mercy to fight that lust and greed and remain meek and humble for you. We are your children and humble servants. I will gladly take any and all that you deem I require at this moment to sustain myself with thanksgiving and praise you for your blessings. In all these things I do pray 

Amen  

Comments

Popular Posts