Devotion: Eph. 4:1-3

 1I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 

2with all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 

3endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.


Lord, your servant Paul is reaching out to a church of believers in this opening sentence pleading for peace in the church. He is calling for us to remember that we are to walk like we are Saved, and not only telling us we need to walk as saved people he shows us just what that means. 

Vs 2 "with all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Lord, He calls me to be humble, I had to humble myself to get saved in the first place. There should not be a time I forget that. He calls me to be longsuffering, just as Christ was longsuffering for me. To be patient/forbearing to one another in love. You have called me to have empathy and compassion for my fellow brother Lord. 

Vs 3 "endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."

Lord you call me, and not just me, you have called all of us who have surrendered to you to care for one another in a similar manner as to how we came to you the day you pulled us out of the darkness. And it is all to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of Peace. 
 
You have told me this morning"Daniel if you are saved and you want peace in your heart, in your house, in your church, in the body of Christ. Then you need to remember how low you were when I found you and hold on to that humility and you apply it to every one of your brothers and sisters in Christ so that we may not just have the unity, but Keep the unity of the Spirit. all in the bond of Peace
 
That bond of peace is like a band or a vow or a slave in bonds. So as a prisoner of Christ. As a slave to Jesus. As a believer, I need to remember who I am and not get so full of myself and look down and judge others and carry an er of smugness towards my fellow saint. 

God, you have pushed me this morning. Help me this morning for the sake of my family and my church and those around me. Help me today.  


Comments

Popular Posts