Seeking His Goals for you. (Devotion)




13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.  
Philippians 3:13-14

I want to start by saying Thank you Lord for what you have done for me in my life. For saving me seven years ago, For my marriage these past six years. For my children and all the blessings, I have in my life. I have fallen many times during my walk with the Lord and I have always tried to do it myself. But I understand that it can not be on my shoulders to make me into whatever I think a better Christian looks like. It is not all me that has to get up before the rooster crows (as my granny used to tell me).  It is not all about my willingness to do it. But it is God who has done it all for me. The man God wants me to become has already been made, the plan he has for my life has already been laid out. My responsibility is to go and seize it. My goal is to become the man God has planned for me to be. I need to go seek God and find out what that looks like and do it. 

Lord, what an adventure this has been in your life-giving Word! Help me to do something about what I've learned and most of all, help me to share the Good News of Jesus. Let all my goals, big and small, lead me to Your feet. And in the times I falter, remind me of your transforming grace. Let that grace compel me forward to live out your purpose for my life! In Jesus' name. Amen!

Comments

Popular Posts