Lining up your Goals (Devotion)




"
13
Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: 
14whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. 15For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that."

James 4: 13-15

I can have a goal in mind and it does not line up with God. But it would be beneficial to me as a Christian in my daily life and spiritual walk with God to have my Goals match God's plan for my life. And what do those plans look like? I have a wife and three children so my goals biblically should be to lead them as a wise shepherd. Teaching and ministering to my family. No amount of self-help and parenting books can prepare you fully for doing what God has laid out for you. But when you allow God to be the counsel you need things can Improve. 

Lord, I'm afraid to set out on a path that's not yours. Please give me a spirit not of fear, but of power, love, and self-discipline (2 Timothy 1:7). Thank you for your Word and for the ability to pray directly to You! Please help me to stay focused on You as my goal instead of the approval of others, accolades, or the pleasure of checking things off a list. I want to work hard for You for the right reasons. Thank you for guiding me and keeping me on Your path! In Jesus' name. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts