Devos on wealth

Deuteronomy 8:18 "But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day." 

2 Chronicles 1:11-12 
"And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches,wealth, or honour, nor the life pf thine enemies, niether yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king."

"Wisdom and knowledgeis granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches,and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like."

Later in the class yesterday Pastor Gardner talk about how we will be seen as wealthy in the mission field and he is right we will be, but he also said that we should not let our money rule us. Solomon let his money rule his and he felt Vain and empty and shallow. it was only when he put God first and kept him first that he truly felt wealthy. 

God gives you your riches for a reason, some of us will become consumed with the wealth of man and the world of man. A coworker looked at me when i was annoyed about being late to class because i had to work longer and he said "well that's ok, atleast your wallet will be bigger." Really?! I have been that person who focused on money, I was hungry for wealth and I would give it away later, but why? I never knew why I would give my money away, it was because it wasn't mine, it was God's money, Form that first paycheck i get in the morning to the last cent in my pocket and I put it in a collection plate for offering it all belongs to God. We as Christians have the means to use all our wealth both spiritual and material wealth and blessing and use them to spread Gods teaching so we may reach them.

Father God I thank you for giving me a means and abilites to reach and witness to people . Every dollar and every cent I get is all a gift from you and I will do my best to use them to show the world your grace and mercy and maybe they will see your wondrousness. In all these things I pray

Amen

Comments

Popular Posts