Ecclesiastes chapter 3:1-15

In this section of Eccl. 3 we see Solomon talking about how work has not fulfilled him with the satisfaction he is seeking, That the roles we are given are a chance of fate and not taking into account that God only put you in certain position for only a season. That didn't sink into me until last night at work.

As most of you know I am a third shift cook at waffle house down the street from church. well last night was one of my busiest night, I just left there after cooking over 1,000 dollars by myself while work with two to three servers last night. And the entire night I;m annoyed and grumpy because I'd rather be the guy in the booth waiting on food than the guy cooking it. So why have I stayed for going on two years at a job where I work myself to the brink of snapping on everyone in the store. And this little joke popped up, I think Robert said it once, someones gotta put cheese in the eggs. That moment a spark went off, oh my goodness I am not where I should be. Here I am miserable, working like crazy, my only saving grace is Mica. But my true Joy came from yesterday morning when i went door to door with Andrew, and Ben, and John and the rest of the gang. I got a chance to witness to them about church and Pastor Gardner and how we learn the word from the source. and when I got back to church I did something I haven't done in a long time, I wrote a song, A gospel song at that, talking about Jesus and the Bible. Along with Ben asking if I wanted to join the Training Center and preach the word. In one day I was able to see the misery and vanity in working when you don't do it for God, and the amazing humbly wonderful feeling you get when you witness to someone about how much church and more importantly God has done in your life. 

Eccl. 3:11 "He hath made every thing  beautiful in his time: also he hath set the *world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from beginning to the end."

Father God I first saw this job as a stoke of luck and a blessing to make money in my pocket, but now I see for the season it was meant to be. For in your grace and will I will humbly go where ever it may lead. I may stumble as we all do at time but I will faithfully go when you command me. In you precious sons name I pray

Amen  

Comments

Popular Posts